Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Call Kroger at 866-245-1858 for your Angus beef refunds!

    If you shop at Kroger chances are there is some free money waiting for you. All you have to do is make a call.
    My old Daily Mississippian friend Julie Evers Crump posted on Facebook about the fact that Kroger is giving refunds to people who purchased "Angus" beef in its stores over the past 18 months. Apparently the stores occasionally sold non-Angus beef at the higher Angus price and is now issuing refunds.
    Julie said she knew people who had gotten as little as $2 and as much as $300. I got $77.99 which will feed my family for the better part of the week if we are careful. I think this roughly represents the difference in price between Angus and regular choice beef.
    I had gotten a phone message from Kroger telling about the refunds but had just neglected to call. I told my cousin about my good fortune and he said he had gotten the call but hadn't bothered to call Kroger, either. I have no idea what the deadline is on this, but I wouldn't delay calling too long!
    For what it's worth, my best recollection is that I usually buy Angus beef off the deep-discount, about-to-go-bad rack. It's the only way we can eat beef in our house! I figured I wouldn't get any refund for this deeply discounted beef. But judging from the size of my refund, I'm guessing Kroger credited these discount purchases.
    The number to call is 1-866-245-1858. The woman I talked to was just as nice as could be. The money was credited to my Kroger card and will be subtracted next time I shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, my coworker gave me the number to call. She had called to see if she was entitled to a refund and she was not. I thought I'd check it out, after verifying the number by looking it up, of course... I am not entitled for a refund either... but I know I have purchased angus beef within the past 1.5 years quite a few times in fact. I'm in Arkansas... maybe they didn't have that mishap in my area... or they just ran out of money. Either way, it didn't work for me. :-( I'm interested to hear if others have had success after the date of my call - March 29, 2012.

Tammy said...

I received $101.00 3/28/2012

Col. Reb Sez said...

Anonymous,

It seems only a few stores sold mis-labeled beef and those are the ones offering refunds. This includes 10 stores in the Memphis area.

From the Commercial Appeal: The mislabeling problem affected 24 stores in Kroger's Delta Division, which covers West Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri and Mississippi.

Sorry you didn't hit the jackpot!