Sunday, December 16, 2012

I just found out I can read a few of those JSTOR articles for free

    From time to time I like to research some obscure topic, and nothing is more frustrating than to find numerous scholarly articles available through the JSTOR digital journal storage library at tremendous cost.
    Today I followed a link just to read the first page and what do you know, JSTOR now has a program allowing individuals to read up to three articles every two weeks. I'd like more, but this at least allows me to access journal articles that I would like to read for myself.
    For what it's worth, I was wanting to read "The Campus as a Frog Pond: An Application of the Theory of Relative Deprivation to Career Decisions of College Men" James A. Davis, which appeared in the American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 72, No. 1 (Jul., 1966), pp. 17-31.

No comments: