Monday, March 28, 2011

Baptists holding prayer meetings at every courthouse in state

    Monday afternoon I saw a large crowd gathered near the south door of the Lafayette County Courthouse. Figuring somebody might be giving away something for free, I rushed up the street to see what the commotion was.
    When I got closer, there was crowd of about 100 or more people praying, with more people looking on. The photo above only shows about half the group. The first couple of people I asked had no idea what was going on, but then one older gentleman told me that a group of Baptists were organizing prayer meetings at every courthouse in the state. His understanding was that they were almost finished, with only four more courthouses to go.
    While religion and politics don't always mix well, the fact is that our elected leaders need the prayers for guidance from all of us. I'm sure most elected officials are grateful for all the help they can get!

No comments: