Thursday, November 28, 2013

After seeing the Wal-Mart "sale," I think I'd rather pay more and not endure it



    I needed a computer mouse today and drove over to Wal-Mart to pick one up. The photos above show the crowd I found. It's important to note that these crowds were all over the store, although a couple of spots did have a higher density.
    It seems Wal-Mart is having a pre-Black-Friday sale Thanksgiving Day, with several items going on deep discount at 6 p.m. and later 8 p.m. Everyone was waiting to buy some cheap stuff, such as a $99 32-inch television. Wristbands were being distributed in some fashion to keep the people from clawing each other's eyes out at the stroke of 6.
    Fortunately, I was able with some effort to get my mouse and checked out with little wait. No one was waiting to pay yet; they were waiting to grab their discounted items. I did get a sale catalog and discovered that for the $9.99 I paid for my corded mouse I could have gotten a wireless mouse at 8 p.m. It was worth the $10 loss in value to be out of that zoo!

No comments: