Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Facebook apparently just wants to make us all really mad

    I guess when an Internet company gets popular they have to start making people really mad. So it is with Facebook.
    For example, Facebook has something called "Timeline" view. I'm not sure what it is, but it is a terrible thing, and if you ever change to it you can't change back. Do a Google search and read (hear) the screams of anguish.
    Now Facebook has blocked the sharing of Blogger posts. No kidding. When I recently tried to share a post I was told my blog had a link that was "too spammy." Well, it turns out virtually everyone who uses Blogger is considered "too spammy."
    I've figured out a temporary workaround to the Facebook block. Apparently it only blocks Blogger status updates and shares. You can still post a blog post as a comment to an existing status update. So I guess that's what I'll do for now; I'll create a status update and then comment with a link to my post.
    Keep working at it Facebook. If you try hard enough you will kill the goose that laid the golden egg for you.
    Of course, you could treat us like valued customers! I suppose that's too much to ask.

No comments: