Monday, August 30, 2010

I have more respect for bloggers

I must say I have more respect for people who manage to post interesting blog posts on a regular basis. I'm going to have to work on getting in the habit. I'm now living in Oxford, Miss., so there is plenty to write about. It's just a matter of writing it!

I wrote earlier about all the hotel deals that are being offered. I got one Hilton certificate that is good at virtually any Hilton in the world for staying four nights. I also got a free Hyatt night plus 9,000 AA miles for staying three nights at Hyatt Place hotels. The 9,000 AA miles will convert into 18,000 Hilton points, which is one-half of one night at a top European hotel. Some of these hotels cost $800 a night or more, so a free night is nothing to sneeze at. At the Paris Hilton a few years ago on a Diamond stay, the entire family ate the $50 breakfast each morning for free. My wife and I enjoyed a free glass of $25 champagne each night. It's a pretty nice bonus on top of the room.

Currently my wife is earning Delta miles with Marriott, with 5,000 Skymiles per stay, up to a maximum of 60,000 miles. It looks like she's only going to make it to 45,000 miles, at which time she'll probably return to the Hilton-Hampton family for most places she visits (not all, though!) I keep telling her she's got to check into a different hotel every night that she's on the road, but she won't do that. As a result she has three-night stays for which she only gets one credit. What a waste!

Stay tuned for the next big thing!

No comments: